DSD - Director of Staff Development
Candidate must be Infection Control Prevention Certified.
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time and Part Time) can benefit from.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Apply now to learn more about our multiple incentive programs available!
Northgate PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Licensed Vocational Nurse, to serve as Director of Staff Development and successfully manage day to day operations. This a full-time position ideal for an enthusiastic individual at a great organization, who is Infection Control Prevention certified.
As Director of Staff Development, your primary purpose would be to plan, direct, evaluate and coordinate educational programs to meet state and federal requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the orientation, educational and learning opportunities within a supportive environment.
- Assist personnel in gaining knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties involved in the care of residents.
- Responsible for scheduling CNA's, and will work closely with the Director of Nursing monitoring the activities of nursing personnel to ensure quality care that complies with state, federal and facility standards.
- Direct the infection prevention and control program and its activities.
- Executing physician orders. Provide nursing support, utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care.
- Communicate results of laboratory and other diagnostic testing to the physician, and evaluating signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Ensure the care and safety of patients.
- Other Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and duties as assigned.
- Schedule: AM, PM, and NOC shifts/rotations available.
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience nursing as an LVN and supervisory DSD role.
- Infection Control Prevention Certification.
- Current LVN license in the state of CA and certification as DSD by California Department of Public Health.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Northgate PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.