DON - Director of Nursing
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Northgate PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a dynamic Director of Nursing to lead our clinical team and provide our residents with an exceptional care experience. We need you to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of your Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
What You Will Do:
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems
- Coordinate care and services to improve organization and implementation of plans of care, and quality of life and for all residents.
- Ensure proper assessment of all prospective residents prior to admission including visiting client at their home or in the hospital.
- Develop staffing plans that assure sufficient staffing to meet direct care needs, recommend numbers and types of nursing personnel necessary to provide care and maintain compliance
- Ensure 24hour availability as nursing administration resource by providing on-call and telephone access or designating an alternative, qualified nursing staff member to do so.
- Audit clinical records for accuracy and completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentation reflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation of plans of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts.
- Conduct quality assessment and assurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in all departments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary conferences as needed to develop adequate plans of care.
- Establish and maintain established policies, procedures, CQI programs and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provide direct administrative and technical supervision of nursing, admissions and continuing care functions.
- Establish performance goals.
- Provide leadership in planning, organization, evaluation and fiscal management
- Collaborate with executive management team on Goals of our home
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to develop and promote programs to enhance the resident’s quality of life and healthcare
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and the policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and allocation of funds based upon a review of department estimates and recommendations.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2 years of DON experience in a California Skilled Nursing Facility preferred.
- Unrestricted RN license in the state of California
- Must be able to pass background check
Northgate PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.